News

Overheated Extension Cord Causes House Fire

News >>

Be careful of those extension cords. In another reminder about the risks of electrical fires in homes or business, Authorities in the USA say an overheated extension cord is to blame for a house fire in Lincoln, Nebraska. It is an event that could easily happen anywhere else in the world including Australia.

Authorities say the house received extensive damage. No one was injured and authorities estimate the damage at $75,000. They were lucky despite the inconvenience of not being able to live in their home for a little while. No one wants to lose everything or the lives of their loved ones.

It is a reminder to get all your electrical cords regularly tagged and tested, along with the rest of your electrical wiring and electrical switchboard on a regular basis.

If you are looking for someone to do this for you, let us know and we can get experts in this area to call you. 

Last changed: Mar 13 2013 at 11:26 AM

Comments

  1. None Found

Add Comment

Latest News

Finalist in the Insurance Industry Awards

We were pleased to be advised this week that we are a finalist in the Australian Insurance Industry Awards in the category of Most Outstanding Authorised Representative Business for 2019.

Our company very much appreciates the accolade and just being nominated is prestigious to us. The awards ceremony is in August and we will see how we go, but being in the Top 4 is a credit to our team who have worked tremendously hard in the last eight years.

read more

2019 Insurance Brokerage of the Year

CPR Insurance Services are so proud to be awards for the second year in a row, "Australian Insurance Brokerage of the Year (1-5 staff)". To win this award two years running is very much a fantastic achievement and reflects the high standard we have maintained in the last two years.

We very much thank our hard working staff, Ausure Insurance Brokers our licence holder, the Steadfast Group, NIBA and LMI who have supported us with resources and services to meet the demands of our clients.

And of course we thank all our clients for their fantastic support over the eight years of our business, who if not for them, we would not have a business. Thank you.

read more