Contract Works & Liability
What is a Contract Works & Liability Insurance Policy?
Construction policies combine both Material Damage and Public Liability covers which means it will cover perils such as Fire, Storm, Malicious Damage, along with the risk of bodily injury or property damage that could injure other parties visiting or working at the site. After all Construction sites can be dangerous places where accidents do happen.
Further, these policies can include the “forgotten” expenses when there is a claim such as:
- Expediting expenses – such as costs of express delivery, overtime, additional labour and equipment costs to urgently restore or replace property
- Mitigation costs – such as costs to extinguish a fire or prevent or minimise damage to insured property
- Professional fees – incurred for the restoration or repair of the property insured
- Removal of debris – such as costs to demolish and remove damaged works to start the repair or rebuild
- Variations and escalation – an allowance to vary the sum insured if the final contract value is exceeded
Policies can be extended or can automatically include:
- Off-site storage and transit to the full sum insured – damage to supplies needed for the project
- Products liability for previously completed projects
- Resultant damage from faulty design, workmanship and materials
- Advanced business interruption
- Contractors plant and equipment – whether you own, rent or in your care or custody
- Existing structures
- Financiers interests
- Hired in plant
- Overseas risks (supporting business domiciled in Australia)
- Liability – Vibration, Removal and/or weakening of support
Why CPR Insurance Services?
CPR Insurance Services have a range of insurance solutions for simple or complex projects whether they are owner-builder, residential, commercial, civil or mechanical. We choose a construction insurer that knows and understands construction risks that can offer the flexibility of policies which operate on a turnover, run-off or individual declaration basis.
CPR’s experience in all areas of engineering and construction risks gives you the advantage of fast and accurate advice, no-nonsense claim handling and experts who understand your needs and the nature of the risk exposure.
We have streamlined the whole insurance process so that arranging your cover, managing your claims and taking care of any other needs can be done quickly by phone or email.
Things to remember in Contract Works & Liability Insurance Policies
Watch out and discuss with your Broker some of the following issues:
- Be careful if you are doing work above the 25th parallel as this can often be an exclusion.
- Existing property such as for renovations needs to be especially included in the cover
- Not all policies include cover for a maintenance period
- Some Liability policies impose restrictions or increased excesses for “Worker to Worker” risks
Who can help?
An insurance broker's role is to act as your representative and work in your interests, seeking the best cover at the best price for you from market knowledge. Call a good one.
Call CPR – Experts who will save you.
Cooper Professional Risks Pty Ltd trading as CPR Insurance Services is an Authorised Representative of National Adviser Services Pty Ltd (ABN: 60 096 916 184) trading as NAS Insurance Brokers (AFS No.233750)